some feedback

May 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  1. If the SMTP name in DNN contains a port, it doesn't work. msg says SNMP server is unreachable. The work around is to define the SNMP settings in the module itself.
  2. I could not get it to generate an automatic reply back to the user leaving the contact info. A notification would be sent to the admin configured in the module, however no auto reply email was sent. It gave an error msg that msg was not sent ( even though it was sent to admin user, just no reply email) event log shows the following: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time. The work around was to uncheck reply box.
  3. It would be great to put up a lightbox to confirm the email was sent and possibly redirect to another page. The confirmation is a bit small and might be missed.
Other than that. good stuff. Thanks for making it available.
Coordinator
May 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Hi rmancuso69

Thanks for the feedback, we are working on a new contact form at the moment where we will address all these issues. Have you tried using your own smtp and not DNN's smtp eg. mail.yourdomain.com along with your username and password ? i had issues before when the reply mail would not send because the FROM address is from a different domain, so it needs to authenticate. It all depends on how your mail server is setup.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards
Bradley